GDFR: What it means to you!
We’re adding more detail about how and why we use the information we collect about you, how we share it, and who we share it with.
Why are we making these updates?
There are some new European privacy rules that will apply across Europe on May 25th, 2018. We’re using this opportunity to make sure we’re really clear on how we use your information—regardless of where you live.
Does this affect the way I shop at The Carpet Workroom?
Not at all—your TCW experience will stay the same.
- Who is collecting the data?
- TCW employees are the only people collecting data. Only employees that need your information to deliver a rug, finish a design, and mail an invoice have access to this data
- What data is being collected?
- Address, Phone number, ZIP, State, Name, A type of card number if paying online, and that is all we collect. We are not a data collecting agency, simply a flooring installer.
- Will the data be shared with any third parties?
- How will the information be used?
- We will only use the information we collect to reach out to you on the phone about updates on a job, a new offer, to invoice for a job, and to stay in touch with our client base
- How long will the data be stored for?
- 5 years is the longest it will stay in our system. This is only because carpet has a life expectancy of five years and we would like to contact customers to renew their carpet.