We have missed you all very much, and we’re excited welcome to you back to The Carpet Workroom! Now that Massachusetts has entered Phase 2 of reopening, here’s what that means for us:
These past few months have presented many challenges. One of the most pressing is how to navigate through and develop a positive and safe way forward, one that best serves our clients and team members. Our reopening has been implemented with a comprehensive set of health safety and sanitation procedures, provided by consult from Government and Health Organizations as well as our specific industry. In a nutshell, we are working to ensure a healthy environment in our stores and in your homes. We will be closely monitoring our health, wearing masks, socially distancing as well as cleaning and sanitizing our hands and everything we touch. It’s exhausting but we are ready. Here’s what you need to know about our “new normal”:
- Both of our showrooms are back open!
- Please stop in at the main office upon entry so we can connect you with the project manager who will guide you through our process.
- Our hours of operation will remain the same but we ask that you do make an appointment by emailing us @ email@example.com. Appointments can be made from Monday through Friday (30 or 60 Minute time slots available) with some exceptions for those who aren’t able to visit during the week. Wearing a mask is required.
- There’s a chance you may not even need to visit the showroom. Learn about our Shop From Home experience here.
- Our goal is simple, to connect you with the right material(s) for your project. It’s imperative to collect as much information as possible ahead of your visit so we can use our time efficiently when we are in the showroom. Please take photos of the space(s) you wish to have done as well as products you want to serve as inspiration. If you’re having trouble getting started, you’re able to use one of these 2 resources:
- All sample boards need to stay in the showroom. You’re welcome to take home cuttings and loose samples but we ask that you bring them back within a week. There’s a drop bin near the garage for after hours returns. We are also planning to leave our porch door open in the front building to allow for a more secure drop off location.
Because of the fluidity of this situation, we will be updating you with tweaks we make to our systems and processes. If you have any ideas of feedback, we’d love to hear from you!
-The Lovetere Family